6 Last Minute Father's Day Gift Ideas 2019
Updated: Aug 27, 2019
I hope it didn't catch you off guard but it is almost here! On Sunday the 16th of June we will be celebrating Father's day 2019. When I sat down to write this post, I wondered what angle to take it from. To be honest I'm pretty late with putting up this post but I've got you covered if you are in need of any last minute father's day gift ideas. Before we jump into the list of gifts however let's take a look at a few heartwarming father's day quotes.
"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that's why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right."- Wade Boggs
"A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father."- Frank Abagnale
"One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters."-George Herbert
"My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend."- Tiger Woods
"Father's Day is hopefully a time when the culture says, 'This is our moment to look at who our men and boys are."- Michael Gurian
"When it comes to Father's Day, I will remember my dad for both being there to nurture me and also for the times he gave me on my own to cultivate my own interests and to nurture my own spirit.- Jennifer Grant.
We live in a world where too many children have never had a father figure in their homes. I believe that every child deserves to know his/her mother and father. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing single parent households (I wouldn't dare) but it is the child's their birthright to experience a mother's love and a father's love whether from a biological standpoint or through guardians.
Presently Mother's day seems to command way more attention than Father's day. I too am guilty of only remembering Father's day on the day of or a day or so before it arrives. Our society seems to strive on creating the absentee father but I say NO MORE. Let's remember to show appreciation to our dads, our grandpas and the other fathers in our lives with these within budget gift ideas.
Father's day gift ideas
This is a list of 6 last minute father's day ideas. I do hope you find them useful!
1. A Card- If you are really strapped for time and cash a card is a great way of expressing your love and appreciation this fathers day. You can either opt to buy a card with pre-written words or you can make one from scratch depending on your preference. In either case the words must resonate with you and your father.
2. A wallet- I've never met a dad who doesn't own a wallet! This Father's day switch out that old wallet that he's been walking around with for an updated, more classy version (you can leave a few hundred dollars in it as well). It's a very thoughtful gift so I'm sure that he will love it!
3. Make a collage of your fondest memories together- Dad's may seem tough on the outside but they teary eyed quickly when the love that they give their kids is reciprocated. Show your dad some love with a collage that showcases your most memorable moments with him.
4. A nice watch- If your dad, grandad, spouse etc is about the bling or is just a classic man, I'm sure that a watch will be a great gift for him.
5. Dinner at his favorite restaurant on you.- Treat dad to an awesome dinner at his favorite restaurant. If he's a foodie then this is probably the best way to tell him happy father's day.
6. Take him on a road trip- Road trips are always amazing! Instead of a traditional Father's day gift, this year, take on the open road. Visit some his favorite places and find some new chill spots that he will love. Remember that experiences tend to last a lifetime, so here's your opportunity to create even more incredible memories.
"It is a wise father that knows his own child."- William Shakespeare